Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We got mofed ...

I think I got mofed again ... there appears to be a new deposit to my USD account for my company. When I first arrived in Addis, I gave MoFED my banking information for consulting fees to be transferred to my account at TD Canada Trust. Then I waited for my first invoice to be sent, knowing the transfer would take a few weeks minimum afterwards. So then it turns out that they cannot do ANY transfer without the bank's SWIFT code which turns out to be TDOMCATTOR. Then I end up at the bank with a few people from MoFED finance department, and the end result is:

1) NO transfer can occur without a new official letterhead memo from MoFED with transfer details including SWIFT code
2) The second transfer was supposed to go to my USD account which is not a valid transfer target account
3) The memo for the second transfer is issued yesterday and delivered to the bank just before closing

This place amazes me ... the first transfer ended up going through without the SWIFT code. So why did it sit for 5 weeks without that code? Secondly, lo and behold it appears that the second transfer went through to the INVALID USD account. Welcome to Africa ...

No comments:

Blog Archive