Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hobbling around Addis

Well, it's been different. I was lying on my bed last night watching Gandolfini play the sort of role he was born for. I am now almost done season 5 and can't wait to see ____________. Those underscores are for the sake of people still viewing season 5. For those of you who know, there is quite a turn in one character towards the end of season five.

I realized while reclining at Deker that at least for the next 3.5 weeks, I will be spending at least 2.5 of them in my room most of the time. The other week I will be in Kenya with the wife on safari. Beauty, eh? She leaves Ottawa late today and will be in Nairobi Saturday about 7AM local time. She is spending 12 hours on a layover in London so going into town for 8-9 hours of those I expect. Good old Helena gave her an itinerary to follow as ST has never really been to London before. Helena is an old school chum of Sandy's from Montreal (she's not that old really :)), and they are a very bad influence on one another and therefore get along great!

I got sign-off for another deliverable at work today, and anticipate getting another one tomorrow. If all goes well, there will be a third next Tuesday. I am away next week, so will prepare the paper work and leave with Tagel for execution. The cast is a nuisance but with properly sized crutches it is not as much of a pain. Four days down and 24 more to go :)

People are VERY very nice to ferenge on crutches and very accommodating; not to detract from the way they treat non-crutched ferenge. I have done some packing for my trip with the help of someone at Deker and will finish up tomorrow when I get home from work. I am getting picked up at the guest house Saturday about 8 for a 10AM flight. I am too excited ...

No comments: