Thursday, October 8, 2009

Start your engines

I hooked up with a lady named Pirko to play tennis with. I wupped her 1-6 1-6 (in other words I got slaughtered). We have made arrangements to play at 4PM every Monday and Wednesday and I will see Hiruy for a lesson one day on the weekend.

I had a nice dinner last with two folks from the guest house, one of them owns a restaurant in Angola so we had a small geography/history lesson while we ate. It was quite informative. Still no camera so I may speak to Tagel today, but he is so helpful I feel I may be taking advantage of him. It still has not rained though it has been threatening lately.

I am going to join Bolé 19 tennis club today for 897 birr that will lower my court fees from 35 birr to 5 birr for an hour of tennis. As well, my sessions with the coach will be significantly less than the 60 birr I have been paying. The prices for lessons just went up. We are supposed to go to the Hilton for the BBQ buffet tonight for what seems to be a whopping 342 birr but in the scheme of things naturally $30 for a buffet at a ferenge hotel is normal. I saw Melaku briefly yesterday and we will probably be going to see some music Friday evening.

1 comment:

Ben J. Abbey said...

If you want I can send you a camera I don't use anymore. It's a bit beaten up but it works. It's a Canon Powershot SD1000. Good camera.