Monday, October 26, 2009

Safari preamble

The excitement builds ... everyone who knows what the Sweet Thing and I are up to next week is pumped. I prepared a list of stuff I am taking to Kenya. I will pack my EeePc in my knapsack to offload pictures from the cameras and to pump text into files to upload to the BLOG when we return.

We are bringing very little cash and were told by the safari outfit that US currency dated earlier than 2001 is next to impossible to use in Kenya. I just emailed the form to Nairobi to make the second payment for the trip. I keep hearing as well how unsafe Nairobi is and naturally we will only go to places "approved" by the Fairmont.

I did miss seeing my ST in person October 12 (our 6th anniversary), though we did speak/email/text a gazillion times. I still cannot figure out what to get her to commemorate that magic day, so will probably just get her two oranges and a banana :)

I spoke to Naddy/Lindsay and Ben Abbey yesterday; Annabelle was napping and unable to come to the phone. Ben was on his way back to Toronto and Naddy has been very busy at school. The trip to Toronto for Lindsay for Xerox training was draining but productive. We all must wish her all the best in her new employ :)

No comments: