Monday, October 12, 2009

A perfect Sunday ...

Sunday was the sort of day one needs more of. I "slept in" until 8 then walked down Bole to see what was playing at the Edna mall theatre. I noticed the new Bruce Willis movie called Surrogates was playing at 2PM. I then went for a machiatto at Sol de Canada across from Edna. I ordered the coffee and a tuna melt then noticed Ileana had called. I called her back and was told that they were going to get a laundry hamper and then to the Family restaurant for brunch. I sipped my coffee and told the server that I would like to sandwich "take away". I must have sat for 20 minutes and no sandwich. I then remembered how surprised I was with the change I was given when I paid, and figured out she never heard me ask for a sandwich as well. I cabbed it to the Dulcian compound.

We walked to the street where the restaurant resides, she bought a basket, then we went to the Family. It was great, and while there, we were treated to yet another Addis-style deluge of rain. There was water 2 inches deep in the driveway to the restauraunt. I cabbed it back to Edna after my breakfast burrito which was scrupmtious.

I predicted that a car would flip over at least 3 times and no less than 12 people would be shot in the first 5 minutes of the movie. I was wrong ... it happened in the first 2 minutes :) Gotta love Bruce Willies ... the epitome of the America movie dream ... killing, violence, and lots of guns :)

Today is a HUGE day for me and my lovely Sweet Thing. Even Ileana refers to her sometimes as my Sweet Thing. It's our anniversary ... a wonderful 6 years of marriage bliss (or is it lust :)) I remember that day and how everything was just perfect, especially you know who. I still have the chupa that Shauna and I made and one of the four poles remains. We are both wearing our Sandals necklaces from the honeymoon today. We got beads on the necklaces each time we participated in aqua-fit at the resort. I got a lot less beads than the wife 'cause I kept getting distracted checking out the Sweet Thing.

My foot is not great and there is now a spot on the outside about mid-foot where a bone can be distinctly seen where it hurts when I press on it. The bone is not sticking out more than it should (i.e., swollen) since it is the same on the right foot. I will go have it looked at today and x-rayed if necessary. It really has not bothered me lately so the whole thing is quite odd. I will ask at work where I should go, and will end up at one of a higher clinic, a local hospital, or the Swedish hospital. I hope I am not there all day like I run the risk of being at home :)

I saw no music over the weekend. I have a dinner date with Melaku tomorrow and no other plans for the week other than tennis which I will be canceling. In 19 days, I meet my ST in Nairobi for a night then we are off to the Kenyan side of the serengeti for a safari for 6 days/5 nights.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Congrats on the anniversary. The trip will certainly be the best gift you could ever give each other!