Wednesday, November 11, 2009

And the beat goes on

Work is progressing at a feverish pace at MoFED. I am working away with Burhan and Hanna as well as continuing my look at/evaluation of BRIM. I had lunch with Tagel and Burhan and we went to the fish place in merkato. That was my 4th time there and it just gets better each time.

So as not to ruin my record, yes Sweet Thing, I DID get something on my shirt; 2 different drops of hot sauce to be exact. I sure am glad I have a bottle of Spray&Wash with me as that ensured the garments that have been stained since my return from Ottawa in late September live another day of wear.

Tonight we have plans to go to Yod Abbysinia, a traditional night-club near where I live. I have been to its other branch near Sarbet (a part of town near where Dr. Paul lives). On that outing, I had the buffet and it was great. Paul and Ileana's son Robert (3 years old) was up on stage a few times before the real show started, dancing and running around with a few other little ones. The show at that club was great and there was a very interesting stringed instrument which might have been a begena was being played. I will check as I am there tonight and correct in a follow-up post if necessary. Whatever it was, it had no frets, a handful of strings (how many not sure) and was plucked while the other hand somehow fretted the open string. WOW!

I just got a note from a cousin that my father's remaining sibling, Aunt Mimi (the baby) just passed away in Nova Scotia. The note was from Mark Dermer, a son of Alta who is a daughter of my late Father's late brother Eddy. I just saw one of my cousins Mark Segal (Mimi's older son) a few months ago in Ottawa at the Kerzner 50th wedding anniversary party at the NAC.

A new Dulcian arrival Micha Rosenblum is staying at Deker. I met his wife Dora who is in town for a few days, then off to Kenya for a week or so. They are going back to New Jersey together Sunday the 29th. I have known Micha for many years and he is always an eager participant in Oracle technical discussions, and has co-authored at least one book with Dr. Paul.

No comments: