Monday, November 30, 2009

Pressure on the optical nerve

The vision in my left eye was somewhat blurred over the past few days so I was a little concerned. I went to a clinic at Dembel mall and they could do nothing for me as they had no no doctor. They sent me to Adua clinic near the office and the doctor there did a whole bunch of tests, and gave me some drops to dilate the left-eye pupil. The doctor then had a look with a magnifying scope and light and suggested the optic nerve might be irritated. He showed me on his diagrams on the wall where the problem may lie. He suggested I get a CT scan as he was curious if there was anything applying pressure.

Two and a half hours later, I return to the Ethio-Canada imaging clinic and pick up the output of the scan. Nothing to note which is good. The doctor prescribed prednisone for me to take 10 tablets each day for 5 days, in batches of 3 or 4 at at time. This will assist reducing the swelling that appears to be putting pressure on the nerve. I will go back to see Dr. Michael on Friday or Saturday AM.

No comments: