Friday, November 27, 2009

(No) Love 40

I made big plans to go to Blue Drops at 5PM yesterday for tennis. I arrive and there is a football game beginning from the Italy cup tournament. It gets even worse ... no Pergano! Nobody else except him and the owner know how to change channels on the dish they use. It's interesting since he goes to the side of the TV (not the receiver) and makes the switch. From my past experiences with such devices, the channel changing is done from the receiver. So I watched football for an hour then gave up. I am going to find out from either the owner or Pergano if I can be shown how to change channels and do myself. With that skill under my belt, I will then have to figure out a way to check with other customers before making the change.

I woke up very early today just while the sun was rising. I will head off to Parisienne in a while for an early breakfast, guitar in tow. I will then cab it to Dr. Paul's to assist with the preparation for the feast at 3PM. Micha is bringing his riq so I hope that there will be mucho jamming. Dora and him leave early Sunday morning back to NJ; he is very excited as his parents just got final approval to emigrate to the US. There is still a lot of paper work to do but everyone is syched.

Shauna, I could only be so lucky to have a Godson as marvelous as Sean (on top of the marvelous one I already have). It was fun hearing that Breakaway-Paddy returned twice this season already. I am giving two papers for an IT conference hosted my MoFED this Saturday; otherwise I have no plans as I enter into day 2 of my 4-day long weekend. Jake/Deb when do you leave for Hungary?

No comments: