Friday, November 13, 2009

Quite the adventure

I braved the Peram restaurant on my street tonight. The Blue Drops right beside the guest house has been my main dinner hangout for weeks since I casted my foot. I thought it was time to venture elsewhere regardless of how difficult it may be on crutches. It took me about 10 minutes to get there and Micha held a flashlight behind us pointing backwards so we would not get clipped by a passing car. Their chicken salad is always wonderful but a little too much dressing.

I practiced a few new songs again tonight and look forward to having the chance to work out again with Micha over the weekend. At 8:15 in the morning Tagel will be here and we are going with Dora/Micha and others to a game park sort of somewhere out of Addis but further up the mountain we are on. There is quite a bit of hiking involved so I am going to take my guitar and work out while the rest of them are gone up the hill.

I am very good at navigating the path between my room and my street and feel very confident continuing to do it myself for the last 9 days of this f^%^*g cast. Melaku and I texted today and we will probably hang out together Sunday. Tagel and I have a 100 birr bet tomorrow ... the first one to talk about work loses. I know Dr. Paul will start a conversation with Tagel and I will get him if it is about work :). The weather lately has been ideal ... I call it ST weather; sunny, light wind, temperature in the mid 20's.

I met a gentleman who is staying at Deker from Switzerland named Ignass. He and a few business partners run an outfit in Addis that does small business loans (2000-3000 USD) for entrepreneurs who want to start a store or the like. The money is not given away without the recipient doing a business plan. I believe they give the applciants a questionnaire to fill out where some of the questions require a bit of prose; it's not just a checklist or Q&A where they can answer Yes or No. Sounds interesting ...

No comments: