Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shabbat shalom

I had a very nice sunny (I'll say) day that started with a taxi ride to Dr. Paul's with Micha and Dora. We had a lovely brunch of pancakes, ham, sausages, juice, coffee, and company! I then went with them to a craft fair at a school near where they live that is held on the last Saturday of each month. We spent about an hour there with me most of the time parked on a bench watching people. I then did something I have not done for the whole time I have had the cast ... walked and shopped in piazza!

When I say walked, I mean hobbled down the street slowly while Dora and Micha shopped. I did get some batteries and a bracelet for the nurse at Yodanos who always assists poor old ferenge when I go re:my foot. We had lunch and it took about 3 or 4 attempts to get the bill. I had a burger, Micha lasagna, Dora spaghetti, and we all had 4 pops ad 3 bottles of water ... 110 birr with a tip ($10).

I came back to Deker and played and played guitar. I am having dinner tonight after 8 with Melaku. Tagel called and he is picking me up at 2'ish tomorrow afternoon for his 2 year-old's birthday party. I am pumped. A gaggle of little Ethiopian munchkins and an opportunity to spend time with locals at their domicile ... priceless. I got some treats to take with me to the party.

No comments: