Monday, November 23, 2009

Du du du du duh, du du du du duh, du du du du dahn da ...

Sung to the tune of the Fish Cheer (Country Joe and the Fish circa 1967) ...

So it's one two three, foot feelin' OK
Will play tennis some day
Maybe four weeks Saturday
Said bye bye cast
It's been a blast
No more crutches come two days
Freedom back hooray!

I was at Yordanos for about 3 hours. They cut the cast off with some snips that resembled a pair of tin snips I used in metal shop in grade 7 or 8. At one point there was a lot of pressure around the metatarsal (the site of the injury) and thoughts raced through my mind of you know what ... a re-occurrence :) I then waited back upstairs then saw the doctor eventually. He suggested I take IB three times daily for 7-10 days and come daily for 10 minutes of ultrasound heat therapy. He did mention if the therapy irritates the site to stop at once. My left ankle is very weak and I know a few exercises to do to strengthen it up again. I may try my cane until I can support the weight of walking on my left foot ... no rush, do not worry Sweet Thing.

I am back at the office and will start wearing work garb and shoes tomorrow now that I am close to 100% mobile again. When I get home from work today ... ta da ... a shower! What a concept. I believe people are allowed to take them every day :) I can't wait to try that out. I am not going to push the walking and will do 10-15 minutes of ankle exercises daily. I imagine I will be walking without an assit within 4-6 days but I am not going to rush it. If I did not already mention it Mrs. KA, I will take it easy.

No comments: