Friday, November 20, 2009

Prep for back to the new world

I have been re-initiating contact with a whole bunch of people in Canada with my pending end of contract (December 30 is my last day here). There seems to be a lot going on there if one checks the boards, which I do nightly from Deker. As anyone out there in BLOG land knows, a posting on a job board does not necessarily mean there will indeed be any

1) work
2) contract signed with anyone
3) follow-up on the consulting firm's part after a resumé has been sent

I am looking into starting a dialogue with a contact I have been introduced to with the World Bank out of the Tanzania office. I did see this gentleman as recently as 10 or so days ago while he was in Addis. There is still an option being investigated where I may return to Addis February 1, 2010 but nothing definite is being discussed yet (or ever). As I have been told and experienced many times, no contract signed = no opportunity :).

I am hoping to get to Vancouver and Calgary in January to see cousin Valerie and Jordan/Lindsay/Annabelle before getting started on new work. Naturally, if something comes through in the January timeframe, those plans may have to wait. My feelers this time have been extended to such remote locations as Brussels, Dubai, Bangalore, Dallas, Regina, and Edmonton. Lots of emails back and forth ...

No comments: