Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The excitement was feverish

When I got back from the hospital yesterday, I deliberately went to see the coffee ladies. When I first appeared a few weeks ago with my cast and crutches, they offered their condolences to my foot. I knew they would be pleased to see the cast was off. The first one that spotted me threw her arms up in the air and yelled with excitement. Then I opened the door to the billing area, and stuck my foot in to a huge din of cheers. It's as if Ethiopia had just won an important soccer match. There was clapping and a few other noises as they expressed their approval.

There was similar interest today as I stopped at Bilo's for morning sustenance. The servers were excited to see the foot and the security guard was all smiles and so interested in the new me.

We went to the jazz club last night and yet again, the 31 and 33 year olds went home early as the 60 year old and Melaku stayed well into the second set. There was as promised a guitar player who had, interestingly, a Telecaster with an f-cut. What! He told me it was a custom job which explained why I had never see such a beast before. The music was fantastic and I recognized a great rendition of Sonny.

I am going to call Boston spa today and see about a pedicure and manicure. My toes are a mess after being casted for 4 weeks. And I cannot find anything in my purse nor do anything with my hair :) The gang at the guest house was pleased with the no-cast Mr. Michael too.

No comments: