Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tennis at Blue Drops

I ventured next door to see the tennis matches now being played in London. I caught the tail end of the Verdasco/Del Potro extravaganza and it was worth the wait. Apparently Ferderer was scheduled to play some time later but it is hard to tell when times are quoted missing a time zone indicator. When it's 7:30PM in London for example it's 10:30PM at this time of year in Addis. So the S2 schedule advertises "Federer match at 22:30" I do not know what 22:30 that is :). usually the networks are every good at using the time zone so I do not know why DsTV insists on leaving it off. If one can figure out where the broadcast signal originates, the time zone can be added. But as I found with Al Jazeera, one cannot assume that it is coming from Abu Dhabi as sometimes the Petronas towers are in the background meaning it is then coming from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.

There were a few more guest pickers at the refuse bin this morning but the pickings were slim. I am preparing a presentation for the IT meeting we are having on Saturday, having the pleasure of giving one of Dr. Paul's papers as he turns out will be in the USA by then; he is gone for two weeks staring early Saturday morning.

The foot is progressing nicely. I was a little more aware of the site yesterday evening so am not going for ultrasound at Yordanos today. The doctor there Monday did mention that the heat therapy may inflame the wound and if I feel a change there, to stop at once. One more work day this week as I am celebrating the American Thanksgiving holiday Friday with my Dulcian buddies here.

Paddy and Sean ... Mom says that you would like to come to Africa? Paddy, I think I could find you work teaching school :) and Sean I know of a ferenge-band that is looking for a guitar player :). Annabelle, I loved speaking with you a few days ago and please keep emailing details of issues you are having with Mom and Dad.

No comments: