Monday, August 31, 2009

Crime of the century??

Before I came to Addis, the question was asked ... why bring 2 computers?? Every day I leave the office I am so glad I did. No computer lugging and, if I go somewhere where I may leave a handful of things on a table while I go to the buffet table (for example), at least one of them is not a computer.

I gave the inkeeper at Deker Inn my schedule today of when I will and will not need a room. He called me back and said that was fine. He also said when I am away, just leave the stuff in the room. I am here so long that is not a problem. I told him I would have none of that and would pack up my stuff so the room could be rented. He was grateful; yet another example of these people's good naturedness. I am going to leave a suitcase here and take one with me as well as one Paul will lend me. Then I can bring back stuff for him in my second checked bag. He wants, surprise surprise, maple syrup and Oreo doubletops :)

I did some looking around at safaris today and exchanged a few emails with some vendors. Looks like we will leave Nairobi Sunday AM and be back mid-afternoon the following Friday. Yippeee!! We are in the season where the wildebeast migrate across the plains of east Africa and may get to see them. Way Too Cool. We would be staying in luxury lodges the 5 nights we are away. I know the Sweet Thing wants that; I just hope what the safari company and Mrs. Abbey think are luxury are close to one another. She would fly from Ottawa on Thursday, and we would meet in Nairobi Friday. We would stay somewhere in Nairobi for 2 nights then head off to the safari. We would both fly back (Addis and Ottawa) around midnight the Friday we get back.

No tennis today, probably not until Wednesday. I am going for a fitting for my $64 tailor-made suit tomorrow after work. I splurged tonight and spent $7 on dinner; veal parmigiana with veggies, rice, and pasta. Off to play some guitar; I am trying to learn the last few refrains of Hide in Your Shell. If you need to know what a bridge, turnaround, or refrain is, please ask Mrs. K. A.

"If I can help you, if I can help you, if I can help you, just let me know", to quote that famous SuperTramp ditty.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I cant believe we are doing this trip. Wow way too cool. xoxox