Monday, August 3, 2009

4 days and counting

My brother-in-law Jake must have been cut from the same cloth I was ... his suggestion for naming this BLOG Addis Abbeyba is on par if not better than what I am using. The shopping continues at a feverish pace, and we are close to being done.

I am taking my precious Squier Strat electric guitar. It is to be packed in more padding than is used to transport priceless works of art ... soft padding inside the case so axe does not move around, a hard shell guitar case, bubble wrap, crumpled newspaper padding, and finally a cardboard box with a home-made handle. I am also thinking of putting THIS IS NOT A GUITAR on the box :)

I also plan to loosen the guitar strings for transport. What with my limited experience with the 6-string electric, this will be closest to a drop tuning (for all you officianados out there) I have ever used. My forté is the 4-string Precision bass not the 6-string electric.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You might want to buy/bring an extra set of strings with you.
You just might need them.

Michael S. Abbey said...

I already have 2 sets that I am bringing :) Great minds think alike Deb ...

Sandy said...

Helping the Sweet Boy get ready for this trip...Well it's like watching Road Runner!!!!!

Sandy said...

...and he leaves a trail of bags and paper that I pick up...as I'm following right behind him

Ben J. Abbey said...

And gets up in the middle of dinner to give you receipts, then doesn't sit still for another 20 minutes!

Sandy said...

My chores today completed:
1) Suitcase
2) Double cream oreo cookies
3) Pure vanilla extract

Over and out