Monday, August 17, 2009

Don't bring me down

Alas, the trek to Dembel was a disappointment. The guitar store was closed. I could see a few electric guitars through the window which was somewhat satisfying but not enough. Dembel is probably the closest we will see to a western-style mall. You will be pleased to know that a 4Gb jump drive here costs $50 USD and probably ~25 USD at home. By the way if you have been converting my amounts in birr to USD, divide by 12 not 10 as I suggested earlier.

BJ ... think Chapel was cold; wait until you visit us again in the winter :) The men here "go" anywhere; I wonder where the women "go". I had a 79 birr buffet dinner w. beer which was nice and filling. It is such a pleasure not to eat meat. I treated myself to yogourt and pineapple this morning and will devour the mikowaby delicacy of bread with cheese and peanut butter in the AM. Ahmesagalahnu means "thank-you" in Amharic.

4 comments:

Ben J. Abbey said...

Hahahah, peanut butter and cheese was a G&G Abbey staple!!!!

Ben J. Abbey said...

I can mail you one if you want, I get them at work for $12 CAD...

Michael S. Abbey said...

Mail? What is that? Nothing has an address here and we have not been able to figure out how to send anything other than DHL. DHL envelope to Addis costs $80 USD but thanks.

Unknown said...

Did someone say "beer"?