Thursday, August 13, 2009

A good night's sleep

Finally, I got what I really needed. When we went for dinner last night, on a scale of 1 to 10, I was about 1.5 "light-headed". I attributed that to neverending jet lag as well as the some 7,500 feet elevation of Addis Abebe. The family restaurant we went to was lovely and I satisfied my tex-mex appetite. Sweet Thing, any calls from Mex's since I left?

Today is the big audit kick-off meeting with my 2 countererparts Tagle and Mesfin. I got a new office yesterday and am getting another one today. I was asked if I wanted a couch in the new one abd I said no. I think I will re-consider before the move and get one. I meet with these two at 2PM then we will hit the ground running on Friday.

The walk to the restaurant last night was the furthest I had done yet. The streets are somewhere between a challenge (Queen May road) and palatial (the 407). I cannot wait until the weekend so I can have some time to myself before the sun goes down ~6PM. It is raining very hard this morning ... welcome to Addis in the winter.

Favourite thing yet ... the guys that hang out the window of the blue Toyota van buses (always wondered how to spell that :)) marketing their vehicle in loud voices. The least favourite ... the streets are very dark at night. But in a way that's good. My Sweet Thing will hold onto me more as the night vision is probably her "weakest".

Mote to come later; this 4200 baud post took long enough.

2 comments:

Michael S. Abbey said...

Sounds like some great f and b opportunities await us in Addis.
Addis Mexies
Addis Golden Palace
Addis Colonade
and so on and so on

Sandy said...

Sounds like some great f and b opportunities await us in Addis.
Addis Mexies
Addis Golden Palace
Addis Colonade
and so on and so on