Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lights, camera, action ...

Back from mecato where we walked and walked and walked and walked, and had a very nice telapia traditional lunch. Tagel and I must be married 'cause he walks 20 feet or more ahead of me. At one point I just stopped and waited for him to notice the old guy was missing, and he came back and got me :)

I am now the proud owner of my third six string guitar, my second electric. It is a Strat copy called an Acoustic brand. By going to merkato I saved over $200 USD on the axe, close to half its final purchase price. Tagel for President :) There must be an acoustic guitar branded Electric :) Are we pumped or what? On a scale of 1-10 right now I am about a 50. We also looked at a few acoustics but they were not as nice. I may or may not look up a gym on Leyland St. when I go home. Ileana lent me a GPS with an Addis Ababa map and it is quite a treat. I will not be able to use it for directions but it will be an assistant for getting from A to B.

The Ileana flag today is green ... sad to hear about the death of Ted Kennedy, a veritable icon in this generation and previous.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow GPS in Addis - cool - can you figure it out????

PandJ_L said...

I am so glad you have a guitar now. All we need now is a picture of you playing the guitar.
You are on quite an adventure Mr. Abbey. I am quite envious.
Mrs. Trees