Friday, September 18, 2009

Back to the new world

Packed and packed and packed and packed last night. I lent my baby (electric guitar) to Melaku to enjoy while I was away. I told him no late nights, and remember the guitar fasts on Wednesday and Friday. I left a knapsack and suitcase at Deker. I am bringing the big blue suitcase, most of the stuff inside will end up staying in Ottawa. I am also carraying a completely empty bag that will be filled with goods for the return trip, mainly 35 cubic feet of maple syrup.

One of the drivers will get me to the airport eleven'ish tonight. I have been warned that the Addis to Frankfurt Saturday morning flight is the "baby junket". Apparently most North American couples that adopt in Africa are "returned" to their homes through Frankfurt on that specific flight. I have a 2h30m layover in Frankfurt then the 8h20 minutes to Ottawa. Are we pumped? Slightly :) I am finishing off a wonderful 6 weeks in Addis with Chinese for lunch.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I didn't know you were coming home!!!Please everyone no calls this weekend.

Ben J. Abbey said...

Sounds good! Have a safe flight and thanks - about time you checked out my blog!