Saturday, September 5, 2009

Reggae man

It was a fine day in Addis. My guitar-strap amplifier came back. It was delivered by Mack, a technician at ABC Trading and Melaku early afternoon. It worked fine; I am so pumped. He charged me $12 to fix. This guy is a DJ at the Platinum club behind the Atlas hotel in the Joley building, which is quite near where I live. I spent hours with Melaku; we were supposed to go to Dr. Paul's for dinner but that fell through. We ended up at the Greek Club for a beer and then had dinner there. After dinner we stumbled into the US Open on ESPN. Federer beat Hewitt in 4 sets and Djokovic was playing someone when we left.

I was dropped at the guest house, and played guitar for some time. I am being picked up by Melaku about 10:30. Say what? Me going out at that hour :) He is taking me to the Harlem Jazz night club near the airport and we may go to Platinum afterward. This DJ guy asked me to pick him up some needles for his turntable when in Canada and I told him to give me the stylus so I am sure I get the right one. I am supposed to go to Paul's in the AM for brunch so I have my alarm set for 8AM. I am not going to play tennis until my foot is completely better.

No comments: