Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back in cAnAdA

The Sweet Boy is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^^^^ That's the voice of the Sweet Thing, I LOVE THAT GIRL.

The trip back from Addis was uneventful. I got to the airport about 11:15PM Friday night and it was pretty dead. First you go through security to get into the terminal. Then you check in and leave your bags. You then go upstairs to the departure level and sit and sit and sit and sit and sit and sit. When your flight is just about ready for boarding you go through security again. I did not cause the metal detector to go off but was hand-scanned/frisked anyways.

The flight left on time and the plane was close to full. I ended up sitting next to a nice young lady from Kentucky who had been in Addis with her parents and a sister adopting their fourth child, the first I think in Africa. We had a very nice visit when we were both awake, and her parents, sister, and new brother were sitting across the aisle. I gave her an Ethiopian flag bracelet to give to her new brother when he knows what it means.

The plane was not close to full from Frankfurt to Ottawa and I had exit row so was nicely comfortable. Sweet Thing met me at the airport and we are having a lovely time, as expected. I spoke to a handful of people, and left a message with cousin Valerie. It is way too cool to be home for a week.

No comments: