Thursday, September 10, 2009

New year celebrations

It's 6:50PM and I am still up :) Paul, Ileana, and a few others went out to see the new year bonfires that start at 7PM. We left work today at 12:30 which was a nice change (getting out of there with a few hours left of sunlight). We had a very nice dinner at Paul's ... lamb, tomato salad, mashed potatoes, and green beans, all ferenge style so it was very nice

I am staying with Robert (Ileana and Paul's 3 year-old) while they are at the bonfires. We stopped at the MoFED new year gathering at the cafe before leaving work and pigged out on popcorn. Tomorrow? Not sure. Still unable to play tennis. It's a week until my trip back to Ottawa to see the Sweet Thing (I love that girl :)) and others. Istanbul is not happening, though it is conceivable we could go in October or November. I will go back to Deker eventually and watch tennis. I saw the very tail end of Federer and Soderling this morning before work. One of the drivers we use at work is going to take me somewhere next week to get a fleece in the yellow/red/green multi-colours of the Ethiopian flag. It must say Ethiopia on the back and I may get "ferenge" embroidered on the breast when I get back to Ottawa.

The Strat copy is getting a lot a log of work; I am ploughing through my song book and loving it. Saturday we are going out for Mexican and hope to go to Illusions club afterwards for what is reported to be western rock (by some white guys). By the way, Addis Ababa means "new flower" for those who may have wondered.

No comments: