Monday, September 14, 2009

We have ignition

One of the drivers (Dereje) took me to a few stores this morning to buy two Ethiopian fleeces or jackets in the bright yellow and green colours one cannot miss in this country. I got one for myself and the Sweet Thing. They are not onesies but also not far off. They may end up fitting the bill for this sought-after mode of dress. "Onesie" refers to a matching top and bottom outfit; in this context , "matching" means cut from exactly the same material. If a blue top goes with a blue bottom, one cannot call the outfit a onesie if they are both blue but NOT from the same material.

Time and time again, I end up doing something with other ferenge then at some later date, do the same in the company of a native Ethiopian. They cannot be compared. I am sure that all of us who have ventured out on a shopping trip in a country other than our own have had the same experience. The men's final at the USOpen starts at 11PM here; I am going to try to watch ...

No comments: