Monday, September 14, 2009

First work day of the new year

Perfect timing BJ. I eat dinner most nights at Blue Dots, right beside my guest house. Just yesterday I asked for some hot sauce and they brought out what appeared to be home made. It was GREAT, a bit chunky, with quite a bite to it. I asked if it was theirs and they said yes tonight. The guy there is going to make me two bottles ... one of the pink and the other or the green. The pink has more bite that the green.

There was lots going on at work today, though I sort of only worked a half day. While preparing deliverables, it's "nose to the grindstone" but when in between, I have decided that if I need/want to do something outside the office, go for it. I was home late tonight, and am patiently putting in time until the tennis starts at 11PM. I saw some areas of Addis I had never seen before earlier today when picking up our fleece Ethiopia jackets. They are way too cool :) When Tagel found out at work today that my foot was bothering me, he wanted to get "take away" for me for lunch but I told him Dr. Paul was on it. Tagel and I will be going to eat fish in merkato this week with Dr. Paul and a few of his people. I will be getting some green and yellow sneakers to match my new jacket which, if I did not tell you yet, is way too cool :)

The Heatley trade? Rick H. and I had a hot stove and are now prepared to endorse the trade. I heard a rumour that Justine Henin is thinking of coming back from retirement ... watch out W sisters :) Joel, sorry I missd you when you were up fetching JJ. Tell Anne I was asking about her. I informed cousin Valerie that I will come out and see her sometime in the new year when I am back in Ottawa. The natives were out in force weeding the steep embankments outside the Presidential palace today, and the street cleaners were ferverishly cleaning the gutters in normal fashion. I saw the finishing touches going on a stone wall surrounding the parliament buildings. Just like all other construction around here (and there is an AWFUL LOT of it), everything was done by hand, even the sculpting of the 18" by 12" by 8" blocks.

The MoFED auditor in a suit you say ... have a look at the picture on Facebook. You have been warned, the picture is not for the weak at heart; viewer discretion is advised.

4 comments:

LabbeyJabbey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LabbeyJabbey said...

Pink hot sauce? did you ask what it is made from?

Ben J. Abbey said...

Can't wait to try it!

Sandy said...

Are you bring home the sauce or what?
Am I missing something Where's the pic with the new suit? Can you wear it home on the plane? I probably wont recognize you SB. I need you in your Pink Floyd shoes