Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oh what a night

The Harlem Jazz club I went to was OK. The music was not my cup of tea but it was good nonetheless. There was smoking there which was a nuisance. The average age of the audience was late 20's though there were a handful of people that looked considerably younger. I would go back to the club. The cover was 30 birr which included one drink. The club came with its own street people with babies slung on their backs, looking for money as we left the club. One woman in particular was quite persistent and getting in a taxi was my only refuge. I got home at 1AM ... latest night yet for me.

I saw an ad in a paper today for a club called Illusions, but there was no address information (odd??). It claims to have western rock on Saturday nights starting at 10PM ... something else to check out. I went to Dr. Paul's for an early brunch, then walked a part of Bole with him and the family. Now back in Deker with no plans for the balance of the day. I watched the tail end of 2 matches in the US Open ... bye bye Dinara.

No comments: