Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What time shift?

I am not sure why, but it appears that the 7 hour time change has not affected me whatsoever. Perhaps my not sleeping as much on the planes when coming back from Ottawa assisted coping with the issue. Life à l'Addis commences once again. I spent the evening yesterday playing guitar and watching the Sopranos. I am in the midst of season 3 and Ralphie, that ultimate PIA (pain in the a__) character we learn to despise, has started acting out much to the displeasure of Tony. He reminds me of the type of character who, were he to appear in Alice in Wonderland (chapter 8, the queen's croquet match), someone would exclaim "off with his head" since he is such a nuisance.

I am hoping to find that my 2 MoFED contacts will finish their looking at my first 2 deliverables today. Their "sign-off" is paramount to Ato Mussa processing payment for these first two of seventeen items I am on the hook for. The nice weather continues so it appears that the locals' promise that summer is finally here has materialized. I have DBA training today where we will be discussing the ever-popular startup and shutdown commands. Tagel seems very pre-occupied and pleased with his label maker I brought back from Canada. I suggested him putting a marker on his forehead saying "ME" for quick and easy identification.

No comments: