Monday, September 28, 2009

I do like Sundays

I believe Bob Geldof would agree. I played tennis at 2 after feasting on Dr. Paul's french toast, not to mention the exquisite maple syrup that arrived in droves at their house too. I was chastised for bringing only 2 bags of Oreo double-stuf but Paul forgave me as he feasted on the syrup.

I got the axe back from Melaku who enjoyed looking after it while I was away. My tennis was OK but it is obvious that if I want to improve I have to play no less than 3 times a week or more. The rates have gone up and it is now $5.50 during the day and $11 at night.

The Deker was waiting with open arms for the return of the ferenge. They are so hospitable; my laundry was neatly folded and stored and all the dress clothes hung immaculately. I had a western-like meal at Parisienne for an early dinner. I had trouble sleeping so I went downstairs and read for a while then crashed nicely about midnight. Today is the time-shift test as I will see how wide awake I am at work.

I already have a list of things to ask Tagel about ... a button battery for my new clock and a cord for my shaver. Speaking of cords, I took the power supply for my Sweet Thing's new camera and will either order her a replacement online today or Fedex her the one I "stole". That should be an interesting exercise as I imagine it could cost $100 to ship a cord for a camera that cost about twice that :) It's like when I bought an exhaust system for my Honda in the US ... it cost $175 and the shipping was $180. No amount is too much to spend when it leads to having one's Sweet Thing hanging on the back of one's Sabre 1100 on a nice sunny day.

There are issues at MoFED to deal with when I arrive, nothing "fatal" just things to sort out which will result in a good thing. I will check with Tagel to see his progress on my deliverables to Ato Mussa before I went to Canada; his "sign-off" on my deliverables is a prerequisite to payment.

No comments: