Thursday, September 3, 2009

Everything is tickety-boo

I don't know the origin of that expression, must be part of some urban legend ...possibly related to the Hindi expression "tickee babu", meaning "everything's alright, sir". Tennis last night was great except it is twice the price of playing during the day. If it costs 50 birr daytime and 98 birr evening that's a big difference but not really in the scheme of things. My serve has deteriorated since I have not been practicing. Hiruy said he's bring a basket of balls next time and I could practice.

I went to the bank and used the ATM again today; what a pleasure rather than having to wait in the bank until my number is called. I am hoping to hear back from some of the safari outfits today. No plans whatsoever for the weekend yet but I will definitely play tennis Saturday and Sunday. If I do not go early Saturday, the kids take the courts until noon or so. TCWO ... if you are reading this, one of the reasons tennis is twice the price in the evening is overtime for the coach and the ball boy. Overtime ... maybe you should try that Sarah.

I am already bubbling with the excitement of a trip back to Canada in 15 days. The time in some ways has been flying in Addis but on the other hand it seems like I have been here for a long time. To quote that famous Bing Crosby song ... I'm dreaming of my wife's chicken :)

2 comments:

Ben J. Abbey said...

I'm going to Ottawa this weekend (for a change) to see a brunette I'm quite fond of and will try to stop by and say hi to Sandy.

Sandy said...

Chicken and brisket when you get home. Glad you are playing a lot of tennis.