Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My bar mitzvah

I was surprised that September 1 came and went with no mention in the media. It was the 47th anniversary of my bar mitzvah ... did someone say 47!! It seems like a long time. It's one of the earliest events in my childhood I do remember well. We "forgot" my grandfather Ben Ramstein at the synagogue after the reception. My Uncle Wilf and Aunt Sonia thought we were driving him home and we thought they were. My grandmother Libbie missed the event as she was in the hospital in Ottawa with some sort of issue. Ben and Libbie had been in Ottawa for a week or 10 days prior to the event. I had insisted that they come to the rehearsal the Wednesday before the big day, and she was hospitalized the day before. I believed it was my fault.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I believe it was heart troubles that sent Grandma to hospital the week of your bar mitzvvah

Sandy said...

Mazel Tov SB So let's see you were 13 and I would have been 8...guess I couldn't have been your date...yet