Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Safari

I am weighing the opportunities for safari-week in November. I am speaking with a number of vendors about leaving Nairobi Sunday the 1st and returning Friday the 6th. We would have a day in Nairobi at the end, and both fly out late Saturday. I have read that this is in the wildebeest migration season. It would be nice to see those creatures stampeding across the terrain; it's supposed to be a site to see. One of the firms is quoting me a price on a private safari with just me at the Sweet Thing.

I would also hope to see some wild Borgies (a creature usually indigenous to Calgary AB) as well :) Borgie is one of many nicknames for my youngest. I just hope we are not too far from a parlour in case I break a nail or some such disaster. It's amazing that the Sweet Thing can get a week off in the middle of a semester; I believe she puts in enough extra time to compensate. As I said in the song I wrote for her last birthday "No-one teaches school in June".

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wow I cant believe we are doing this A trip of a life time that's is for sure. I have a feeling Im not gonna worry about my nails that week!!!!