Thursday, September 24, 2009

Missed opportunity

The Ethiopian new years was Friday September 11. I am not sure why, but there is a new year celebration some 2 weeks after that day. I am returning to Addis this Saturday, not getting in until almost 7PM. That means I will miss the celebration at Meskel square; we all thought it would take place on Sunday the 27th but it is scheduled for Saturday instead. I was looking forward to the festivities and guess I will have to be satisfied with Festivus (for the rest of us).

No tennis yet this week, but the foot feels a lot better so I will try tomorrow AM with Bakes. I am also going to drop off the motorcycle at Powersports with his help afterwards. There is nada to still get for Addis though I may stop for the garlic press for Ileana if near Carlingwood later today. Off to get some more shots at 11AM today ... hep B and meningitis I believe but I do not remember. I have had a HUGE dose of my Sweet Thing this week which is GOOD for me (us) :)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I will miss my SB but will abbeyseeinya in 5 weeks. Remember no tennis until the foot gets better. ps anyone need some Ethiopian scarves???