Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No news, just a regular day

Ever since I have been living at Deker Inn, I have been amazed at the way the TVs work. There is one receiver in the common area, and whatever it is watching is sent to all the rooms. Thus, if someone changes the channel in the common room, all TVs in the house change too. I came in after the gym tonight, sat down at the TV in the common area, and changed to US Open tennis. A guy came downstairs a few minutes later and asked if I just changed the channel. He said he was watching a James Bond movie. I told him to change back which he did. I asked if he minded if I changed back to tennis when the movie ended, and he grumpily said I should do whatever I want. What a silly system :)

It has been cool and damp for the past few days. Definitely not Sweet Thing weather. Shauna, what problems are you having posting to the blog? The trip to Turkey is still up in the air. The training session with the MoFED DBAs went well today. They are quite the sponges for information. We are close to settling on a safari for November 1-6. We would mainly be on the Masai Marai game reserve, but would stroll for a day or so at the start and end elsewhere. We will have our own private jeep for just me and the Sweet Thing. I like that :) I have my return ticket to Nairobi and get in a few hours after ST that Saturday October 31. It will be a real change going trick or treating in Africa :) When I am in Ottawa, I am hoping that we can go together to the Kenyan embassy and get our visas to enter the country for the safari. We will stay at the Fairmont in Nairobi for one night before and one after the safari.

I miss all of you, and when I see you in just over a week Paddy M. (and Sean) it will be wet kisses from mikowaby-city. Sean I bought another Strat copy here as you may have read/been told by your Mom. I spoke to Naomi a few days ago and she sounded very very dizzy but GREAT. Ileana flag ... orange. TCWO, if you read this, I just watched a bit of a match between someone and an Asian woman named Li Na ... sounds like Lina to me :)

Unsure what, if anything, I will be doing for new year's eve on Thursday evening. If I had my way, we would eat Chinese and sing Steely Dan/Beatles, etc. all night. The Ethiopian calendar year is 6 years behind where we are in Canada, apparently accounting for the true date of the birth of Jesus.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sweet Boy what's with the flag colours. Well, I doubt there will be anything for you to eat when you come home next week NOT Brisket and apricot chicken await you!!!!