Saturday, December 26, 2009

13 months of sunshine

That's one of Ethiopia's lines ... it's wet today as it has been more off than on lately and we are in the summer (dry) season. They follow a calendar here that has 12 months of 30 days then an extra month of 5 days or 6 in a leap year.

Ended up at the Sheraton to see RightOnBand last night and even Ileana came which was nice. Kizume whom I met at Deker came along too.

I was up early today but did not drag myself out of bed until 7:30. I munched at Bilo's then blue bused it to Mexico where I cabbed to merkato. I picked up some material for Mme Trees and that was all there. I was back at Deker by noon and had a bite at Blue Drops before tennis.

Tennis was good and I will see Hiruy again at 2PM tomorrow. I concentrated more closely on my swing for the forehand and had a really good workout. It is nice to be back. I did not push it and after 40 minutes practiced serving then quit. I am having dinner with Melaku tonight and will give him the Nokia to use until I am back in February.

The tooth infection is all but gone and I have 4 or 5 doses of the meds left. I have been impressed with the medical advice I have gotten from the doctors I have been fortunate/unfortunate to see in Ethiopia.

No comments:

Blog Archive