Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday state of mind

What with my big plans to sleep in (ya right) I was up by 7AM. I guess if I am usually up by 6:15 that is sleeping in. I ran downstairs for my yogurt and tea and found Davis Cup doubles on between Czech and Spain. I watched for quite a while then did the Bilo's pastry thing for a donut and fasting pizza. I then came back upstairs and started the guitar thing for a change still devouring the Beatles songbook with a voracious appetite. My main squeeze this morning was a little ditty from I think it was Magical Mystery Tour, called "I'll Cry Instead". Those two (mainly) Lennon and McCartney are some song writers without daring to try to take any credit away from Starr and Harrison.

I went with Melaku to the Hilton for the end of a real treat of a doubles match, then the main event which was a mens singles semi-final in the Benz-Mitsubishi sponsored tournament. The first prize is 3,000 birr and Tagel told me for a purse that rich, it would be a national championship.

I had a visit with Tagel today as he was in the area as the wife went to Boston Spa. We chatted a lot about work but also about Ethiopia and Addis especially. He offered to take me to a local Christian Orthodox church for a service and I welcome that opportunity always to see how others worship.

No comments:

Blog Archive