Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Getting impatient

I must say my patience and acceptance with the way things are so complicated here are starting to wear thin though I know I will make it another 3 weeks. So I am trying to decide how to ship my excess baggage back home and have weighed DHL which turned out to be about $20 per kilogram. So why not get an extra bag voucher from Lufthansa. That would cost about half as much (maybe) but they need a letter from my employer to accept the cash for the voucher. They need proof that the birr I give them (a whopping 3,000 at that) is not laundered. I will probably spend the money on DHL then at least I will not have to get a letter from my "parent" to ship some laundry and sports jackets/pants home.

Then I go to Birdlife travel to get my Vancouver and Calgary ticket and their internet connection is so slow we cannot finish the transaction. I get to go back tomorrow and hopefully the internet will be behaving itself. Now I get to carry around way too much birr until the transaction can be completed. I have 15 more working days until end of contract, and I did meet with Ato Mussa to discuss further work but nothing has come to fruition whatsoever yet (if it indeed ever will).

I am going to lie pretty low tonight and will just go to Blue Drops for pasta. I don't think I can get accosted by dozens of beggars and street vendors during the 40 foot trek to that establishment, but then who knows ...

No comments:

Blog Archive