Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am such an i___t

I did screw up on my return date to Ottawa. Flights from Africa have a habit of leaving in the very wee hours of the morning. For example, when Sweet Thing returned from Kenya, she left at 11:59PM. There are 2 reasons for these departures. The first (and big one) is to get to Europe in the early morning (i.e., pre 8AM) hour so one can get back to the east coast of North America by late afternoon. This would ease the 7 or more hour time change. The second reason is it is easier to land in Europe in the early AM as most of the jets bound for the west have already left (i.e., more room on the tarmac and easier to take off and land).

So I leave Addis Thursday December 31 at 2:30AM (6:30PM Wednesday the 30th in Ottawa). I land in Ottawa some 22 hours later, putting me there ~4:30PM Thursday December 31.

No comments:

Blog Archive