Saturday, December 19, 2009

Shabbat shalom again

Up at about 7:30 which is sleeping in to me. I ran into Julia and another gentleman from Cote D'Ivoire who is staying at the guest house. They asked if I wanted to join them on a trek later that is supposed to end up at a well known African restaurant.

I walked down to Bole 19 tennis this morning and had a nice visit with Melaku and Hiruy. It is a warm and pleasant 18 degrees with lots of sunshine. What a difference week makes. Seven days ago I was uncertain about this contract completion and whether I would end up coming back here. I should find out by Tuesday MoFED's plans for me and a timetable for my possible return here. Regardless of the outcome of the discussions with Ato Mussa, I will be in Canada from December 31 until at least January 31, spending the 16th-31st out west in Calgary and Vancouver ... sweet :).

1 comment:

Shauna said...

We NEED you here! Sean's guitar playing is suffering, Paddy is hug/kiss deprived, I need a drive to the Prescott, & Mike wants to bring you for a coffee!

Blog Archive