Friday, December 25, 2009

Xmas with a bang

My day started very early with a call from Dr. Paul that I missed. When I called him back he mentioned they had been starting to open presents and thought that I may have wanted to come over. That was very thoughtful but that is Dr. Paul's middle name. I headed over there after breakfast for the remaining festivities. They gave me a bottle of soya sauce and some very nice sweet and sour marinade which I tested out on some cabbage rolls mid-morning.

Their little person Robert was fun all day, wishing us all a Merry Christmas about 200 times. It reminds me of one time I was at Mallias on Shauna's birthday and Paddy wished his mother a happy birthday every 30 seconds all evening.

I went to the Sheraton for music this evening, meeting Melaku there. Ileana came with me which was huge and another lady who is staying at the guest house went too. Tomorrow is the merkato run in the morning then tennis at 2PM with Hiruy. It's been almost 3 months since I made a fool of myself on the ground tennis court. I saw the draft contract with MoFED today and will send a note to Ato Mussa Monday pointing out that there is no provision yet for a trip back to Ottawa after every 7 or 8 weeks of work. I am not looking for anything at merkato tomorrow but will pick up stuff for Annabelle probably. I have 2 new batches of merkato money for the trip and will take my vest that ST brought for me to Kenya. Ottawa minus just over 5 days :)

In true Dulcian compound fashion, dinner was garlic with a whole bunch of garnishes like beef, beans, squash, potatoes, salad, and apple pie. One present that Robert got was a cardboard scale model of one of the Saturn space rockets, and it said "Ages 8 and up" on the box. Ya right! The Doc (who is just 39) took the better part of the day to assemble and he was still not done ... Robert told me I was a chair today as he was using me as a jungle gym, which was fine with me since his lovely fat cheeks were that close to me and available for my famous wet kisses.

1 comment:

Ben J. Abbey said...

I love the last paragraph.

Blog Archive