Saturday, December 19, 2009

Michael'd out

I don't know why Peter always gets knocked when something one was supposed to do does not work out. I never did manage to hook up with the Deker people for some plans for the day. I ended up doing close to a lot of nothing which as a substitute is not a bad thing.

Shauna, has Sean looked at any of the Beatles stuff I suggested a while back, because one of them (Julia) would keep him busy for quite a while itself. He needs to start by listening to the song over and over again until he is familiar with the arrangement.

The way I do it, at least, once I am fluent with the flow and voicing of the lyrics, is work on the timing and the blend of guitar with vocals, especially the likes of whether to say "Ju-lia" during a chord change or "Juli-a". I also spend some time embellishing the right hand with a stronger and appropriate mix of up-strokes and bi-directional strumming that emphasizes the tempo of the song. Got all that Sean? If you do, please tell me what I just said :).

Cherub #2 arrives from Toronto tomorrow for my Sweet Thing's enjoyment. Speaking of enjoyment, did I mention how much I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Ottawa?

No comments:

Blog Archive