Sunday, December 13, 2009

Only in Addis

So the big screen TV at Blue Drops is broken. There has been a 22" on the table for us to watch for a few days now. So just before the Barclay's game tonight, the owner shows up and swaps the TV for a 36" flat screen LCD jobby. Talk about customer service ... I have seen this "way too cool" service out of Blue Drops before and I hope business continues to be good since the owner is very good to his steady clientele.

If one were to suggest such a swap at a sports bar in Canada, the owner's response would be something sarcastic like "what, ya think I own a TV store too?".

1 comment:

PandJ_L said...

Happy Hannukah!

Can't wait to see you when you get back. We will have to have you guys over for an aycerf. I have learned a new way to cook ribs (and I think they are better than beaucoup's)

Can I ask you a huge favor Mr. Abbey, and this is only if you have room in your suit case. Would you pick me up some traditional Ethiopian fabric? What does fabric usually go for anyways?

Merci!

Patti

Blog Archive