Saturday, December 5, 2009

Shower rained out :)

The baby shower or whatever it would have been that Melaku and I were going to go to did not happen after all. I spent the afternoon jamming with myself on the Beatles songbook. I have gotten very much more ambitious as of late with what I'll try and had an especially great time with Another Girl, Julia, Because, and Please Please Me. I then hoofed it to East Garden again and had a lovely walk there and back. I wore running shoes rather than my preferred mode of foot apparel, and that was wise. As I slowly begin walking again, I will do that to provide myself with more needed support.

I finished the Sopranos complete a few nights ago. This was the second time I watched the whole series and probably not the last. My favourite episodes are in seasons 4 and 6 and those of you who know the series may agree :). I am supposed to go with Melaku to the Hilton tomorrow for the finals of a local tennis tourney but I may skip it. I sat down and started watching the Road Warrior. I am going to sit on my balcony in the dark tonight and finish it off, pretending I am at a drive-in :).

It's been struggling to be hot and dry over the past few days. It sure warms up quickly once that equatorial sun rises to about 40 degrees. I bought cookies today that were way too sweet so gave most of them away to the security guards and the workers at the laundry next door. I am weaning myself of the steroid (prednazone) that I am taking to help reduce the swelling on my left-eye optical nerve. I reduce the dosage gradually until 10 days from now when I finish with 2 pills. Not much change at MoFED wrt. deliverables, so plugging away as usual.

I have as of this coming Monday, 18 more working days on my 92 day contract. It has been quite an experience and I am sure it will continue to be so until I set foot on German soil the morning of December 31. Actually, I am going to check that out 'cause if I am leaving Addis at 2:30AM Thursday December 31, it is 8 hours to FRA then a 6-hour layover, then 7.5 to Ottawa. That means it is about a 21 hour elapsed time from departure to arrival. When it's 2:30AM in Addis December 31, it's 6:30PM in Ottawa on December 30. Thus 21 hours from that Ottawa time is 3:30PM on December 31 in Ottawa ... now that I have confused you, stay tuned and I will check it out.

No comments:

Blog Archive