Monday, December 7, 2009

Anyone have any connections?

With all my passion for this country, there is one thing I would change if I knew how ... the time of the sunset. Not being geographically enlightened as some people, I can only guess the sun is always up at 6AM and down at 6:30PM since we are so close to the equator. I do miss the later sunset that we are used to in Ottawa. The time in Ottawa between which the sun sets in December and June is as much as 5 hours which provides us with a tease as we leave the office at home. Here since we leave about 5:30PM, often I do not get any sunshine at the end of the day.

Does anyone have any connections "up there" to assist in getting this fixed :)? I just spoke to Jordan and Lindsay. I am looking into a trip to Vancouver and Calgary in January when I return to see cousin Valerie, and the Calgary Abbeys on my way back. Annabelle is approaching 3 years old and always sounds very cute on the phone. She is madly preparing for Chanukah and very excited about the school she attends.

I have been doing a lot of musing about this adventure in Africa. It seems to me like I have been her a lot longer than 4 months, with 3 1/2 weeks to go. I am still having new adventures and seeing lots of new things. It's like a kid in a candy or Toys'R'Us store. I keep harking back to a Traffic song that I have mentioned many times in this BLOG and other writing ... Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring. That is still so applicable to my professional life in general over the past. Optimism is key and, with the assistance of my lovely Sweet Thing who is an expert in both that and being positive, it has been a journey to remember. She was in Toronto over the W/E seeing Jess and her buddies. She just loves to hang with the gang in Montreal and Toronto and I know they find my ST as wonderful as yours truly.

She is off to Israel-bet (my nickname for southern Florida) on the 23rd for 9 days with her two little cherubs. Deb and Jake are leaving sometime around the 17th for Hungary speaking of seeing little cherubs. Niece Jane is hold up in Budapest plucking and strumming away on her bass as she loves to do. I am going to ask her if she can invent the key of "H" after graduation ... talk about putting the music world on a tail spin :) I hear from the JJ/J pair periodically as Joel makes a quick post to this BLOG ... Baha Fresh, two words to get JW going.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Today I walked home from the OFC with the boys at 4:15, IN THE DARK!! Bring on the solstice!

Blog Archive