Friday, December 11, 2009

Back to a different reality

Had a lovely lunch at Naklah, a Yemeni restaurant in the Wello Sefer part of town. That spot is always scrumptious and their specialty is everything. We are saying goodbye today to one of the Dulciites named John Jeunnette. He has been here twice and I believe his sentence this time was longer than previous (?). I am quite looking forward to perusing this BLOG text in the future long after the work has completed and I have returned to Canada. It is quite wet here today, maybe the tail end of the storm bothering eastern North America ):.

I still feel for the street people when it is wet in Addis. As I have mentioned many times, usually it is very very wet here from March through September and the downpours are so huge I, as a guest house person, even find them hard. I was not with the gang, but one day near work, after a huge rainfall a wave of water about a foot high wafted its way down the street outside MoFED. I love telling these people about the sub-zero days in Ottawa. They love to hear about the snow and how the sun always seems to shine the colder the mercury goes. When I get home, I will have a few months left on my Hyundai lease then I will have to figure out what to do next. I am thinking of leasing a small car used, but that may not be the way I go.

No comments:

Blog Archive